This type of insurance will save your car from any kind of physical damage and losses, except if it’s caused by a collision. In detail, comprehensive insurance will protect the car against:
- Calamities, such as floods, landslides, storms
- Contact with wildlife
- Hazardous incidents like fires, explosions, and falling objects
Protection against any damage caused by collision is done by collision insurance. Crashes between vehicles and crashes against an object are both covered by this insurance.
The price of comprehensive and collision insurance
The price of both kinds of insurance will depend on numerous factors, such as the price and age of your car, the amount of deductible you’re willing to pay, and the insurance company’s assessment on the probability of risks that are covered in the insurance. If you want to pay less to get your car protected, you can purchase insurance that has a higher deductible. However, when accidents happen, you’ll need to pay more to get your car fixed.
When are they needed?
As a car owner, you have to measure when it is best to get these insurances. Here are a few considerations that may affect your decision:
- Usage rate of the car. If you use your car to go out often, it’ll be exposed to risks more and an insurance protection might be crucial.
- Value of the car. Newer and pricier cars should be insured so you won’t spend too much in repairs.
- Safety of location. Examine whether your area is prone to natural disasters or theft.
- Requirements when taking a loan. It is mandatory to have comprehensive and collision insurance when you want to purchase your vehicle using loan.
- Leasing conditions. It’s also mandatory to have both insurance when you lease your car.
After knowing the difference between comprehensive and collision insurance, you can make a better-informed decision whether it’s a necessary expense or not. If you decide that you need one or both insurances, make sure to pick the right insurance company that has the best price and service.
At the Cornerstone Insurance Agency, we put our clients first by offering them policies that they can afford. Learn more about our products and services by calling our agency at (770) 413-0807. You can also request for a free quote by CLICKING HERE.